Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Array Cable Engineer
Imagine a future where you take up the engineering of the array cable system of one of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the termination works and offshore logistics on high-voltage inter-array cables. You’ll have a unique opportunity to collaborate directly with a team of very experienced engineers, and you’ll be cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and APAC.
Welcome to High Voltage Cables
You’ll be part of Array Cable Managers team where you, together with your colleagues, will be delivering supply and termination of array cables across our global portfolio. The Array Cable Managers team is made up of skilled and dedicated people providing project management competences and cable engineering competences during all stages of the projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- defining and managing the package requirements for maritime logistics and alignment with other packages during construction
- ensuring that the correct quality processes are in place and are followed during site works
- reviewing Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) and ensuring proper registration of Lessons Learned (LL)
- being the first contact and package representative for all termination works activities at harbour, vessel, and site
- being in charge of mobilisation of the SOVs and CTVs as well as the array cable supply and termination package scope on jack-up barges
- ensuring a safe offshore working environment for our supervisors and the contractor.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience within the engineering and/or testing of high-voltage cables and accessories
- have an international mindset
- have a process-oriented mindset
- have offshore experience with termination works
- are an excellent communicator and speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 9 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Head of the Array Cables Managers department, by telephone on +45 99 55 73 36 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect significant overseas travel in relation to your work – at times for extended periods. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working. As part of our commitment to a more diverse and inclusive workforce we’re flexible on making reasonable adjustments to working practices, within the constraints of the role’s principal accountabilities.
For the UK, please contact email@example.com if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.