Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Operations Project Manager/Operations Senior Project Lead
Imagine a future where you take up the challenge of driving the scope and commercial deliverables for future offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll become responsible for all Operations & Maintenance (O&M) activities and deliverables during the early development phase of an offshore wind farm, including Operations’ deliverables to final investment decisions.
Welcome to Operations Development Projects
You’ll be part of Operation Development & Preparation where we’re responsible for delivering the operational setups for all projects in Offshore. During the development phase, you’ll ensure that the operational part is well defined, competitive, and set up for a successful handover to operation.
You’ll play an important role in
- being responsible for driving Operations’ strategic set-up for projects in the early development phase in existing and new markets
- being responsible for delivering strong operational business cases for early development projects, including OPEX, DEVEX, and yield profiles, all the way to the Final Investment Decision (FID)
- project managing the O&M development team, acting as the Operations focal point, and driving the collaboration with other project stakeholders during the early development phase
- ensuring that the lifetime OPEX model assumptions and yield profiles are robust and that all decisions are made with the input of necessary stakeholders and supported by a solid business case
- project managing the scope and ensuring timely delivery of Operations’ deliverables for FID (and towards the beginning of the construction/execution phase).
- overseeing assumptions behind the lifetime OPEX model and yield profiles, ensuring the wind farm OPEX and yield profiles are reflective of asset specific concepts and risks.
To succeed in the role, you’ll have
- a degree in business, economics, or engineering
- an excellent understanding of business case principles
- substantial professional experience, including relevant project management experience
- work experience from a commercial role in a technical industry such as energy, infrastructure, or heavy industry combined with experience working in cross-cultural and virtual teams
- an understanding of operational and/or project environments
- experience developing and justifying project concepts, scope, and costs.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 20 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Anders Windahl, Head of Operations Development & Preparation, by telephone on +45 99 55 83 22 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be investigating potential local sites and will meet with local authorities.