Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Wind Farm Commissioning Project Manager
Imagine a future where you play a key role in the installation of our offshore wind farm projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the overall coordination, management, and execution of offshore and onshore high-voltage electrical commissioning activities at our wind farm construction sites.
Welcome to Wind Farm Commissioning Project Management
You’ll be part of the construction team which delivers competent managers for the offshore wind farm installation projects. Our managers are responsible for planning, execution, and daily coordination during the entire commissioning phase of new wind farm projects. While on site, you’ll report directly to the Construction Project Manager.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing, planning, coordinating, and executing the electrical commissioning of the overall wind farm assets, including system readiness tests and validation of performance
- managing and allocating tasks to electrical engineers/technicians, predominantly qualified authorized persons
- ensuring strong time stakeholder management and agreements to coordinate and secure commissioning activities within HSE, QA/QC, projects and contractors, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M)
- ensuring optimal planning and operation of wind farm capacity, performance, and reliability during the commissioning period, until transfer to O&M
- participating in the development and optimisation of the commissioning of wind farms
- implementing lessons learned vis-à-vis the department and the line EPC organisation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant technical education, for example a bachelor’s degree in electrical and/or mechanical engineering or equivalent
- have experience in managing and ensuring NERC O&P compliancy and execution
- have a strong personal drive and thrive when working in a project management role where you coordinate complex commissioning activities and manage the associated tasks in a professional matter
- have ideally worked as senior commissioning manager before and have extensive commissioning field experience
- possess leadership and management skills for impactful communication with teams and stakeholders, development of your team, and influencing project performance
- have strong commissioning project management experience from large-scale projects such as offshore wind farms, thermal power generation power plants, oil and gas, or similar industries.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than September 18, 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting our offshore substation fabricators yards, wind turbine generator marshalling ports, and relevant suppliers and stakeholders (predominately in North America and Europe).
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.