IT- Infrastructure, Operation and Support
Imagine a future where you work with large sets of data to strengthen the value creation from analytical support when we carry out trading activities in the commodity markets
Join us in this role where you’ll become part of the team responsible for our fundamental power market models used for managing the price risk of the Group’s diverse power portfolio in traded markets. Your areas of responsibility will cover accessibility and transformation of input data used in our fundamental power market models, as well as analyses of large quantities of market data used as input in these models.
Welcome to Market Trading
You’ll be part of the Trade Support & Analysis team where you’ll work closely with our power traders and power market experts, and where your analytical support will directly influence the trading decisions taken by the trading desks. You’ll report to the Head of Trade Support & Analysis, and your principal stakeholders will be analysts and traders in Market Trading, but you’ll also engage with data scientists and data engineers within the Group’s agile data and analytics team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- streamlining processes for analysing and visualisation model input and output
- correcting, transforming, and enriching multiple data sources and establishing efficient load of bulk data
- automating data processes into ETL operations using fit-for-purpose tools
- operating, maintaining, and developing the stack models used for managing price risk from our assets
- engaging with traders to conduct risk assessments through scenario analyses
- providing traders with ad hoc support to ease their day-to-day decision making.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are newly graduated or have some work experience
- have a degree in IT, engineering, finance, economics, mathematics, or similar
- have programming skills in, e.g., VBA, Python, or SQL and are a skilled user of Microsoft Excel
- have experience with ETL processes and an interest in data structures
- have experience with business intelligence software like Tableau, Power BI, Python data visualisation, or dashboarding technologies
- are a team player with a positive mind, and you welcome change.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 9 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Hans Christian Loer Linderoth, Head of Trade Support & Analysis, by telephone on +45 99 55 52 49 if you’d like to know more about the position.