Engineering & Science – Wind Power
HV Components Engineer with HVDC and FACTS competences
Imagine a future where you contribute to the green energy transformation by building transmission systems for our future offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the HV components offshore and onshore up to the grid connection point. We offer a position with responsibility, challenges, and focus on your career aspirations.
Welcome to Transformers & HV Components Engineering
You’ll be part of the THC department where we’re involved in the entire lifecycle of our offshore wind power projects, from the early stages of project development until handover of the energised wind farm. You’ll join a team of ambitious specialists who take pride in their work, and who efficiently deliver today’s projects and drives innovative solutions for the projects of tomorrow.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining technical requirements and participating in technical clarifications for sourcing of HV components, including HVDC, STATCOM, and power electronic-based equipment
- driving technical development in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- aligning and optimising electrical and mechanical interfaces with key stakeholders, such as the structural engineering department and the electrical system design department
- ensuring the quality of HV components through compliance with our quality processes
- optimising the wind farm infrastructure and participating in innovative new cost-efficient solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have strong knowledge of and experience within power electronic-based equipment such as HVDC, STATCOMs, and Battery Energy Storage Solutions (BESS) and their control system
- have a master’s degree or PhD in electrical engineering
- understand electrical transmission system design requirements and how power electronic-based equipment can be utilised to improve grid stability and system performance
- have personal drive combined with a structured and proactive approach to your work
- are self-driven combined with a collaborative approach, enabling you to thrive in a team.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 16 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Jakob Boss Skårhøj, Manager of Transformer & HV Components Engineering, by telephone on +45 99 55 68 64 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.