Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Imagine a future where you will take an active part in the offshore wind transformation
Join us in this role where you’ll design and execute all the offshore wind farm measurement campaigns needed for loads on the structure, inclinometer, corrosion monitoring, and much more.
Welcome to Measurements
You’ll be part of the Measurements department and a team spanning several expertise areas. Here you’ll work closely with stakeholders across the organisation, including experts in wave assessment, loads analysis, foundation design, and site classification in designing the best measurements campaigns for our offshore wind farms. We offer an exciting and interesting job where your work will continuously bring you new challenges.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being an active member of the measurement expertise area and part of the in-house knowledge hub for measurement equipment, load, corrosion, and structural measurements
- working with specifying, deploying, and ensuring maintenance of measurement equipment from suppliers
- being assigned to projects in all phases of the wind farm life cycle and being responsible for measurement equipment, including coordination with the local site HSE organisation
- ensuring that measurements are of the required quality in order to match the campaign specification as well as being in close contact with in-house stakeholders to proactively identify campaign requirements from customers
- being subject matter engineer during procurement negotiations on projects and managing contractors during the preparation and execution of campaigns
- contributing actively to the development of our knowledge base and participating in solving related development tasks and studies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant education within engineering or the natural sciences combined with substantial operational/field experience within the areas of expertise
- have substantial knowledge within the area of measurements
- are used to interacting with contractors and accustomed to procurement processes and negotiations
- have broad experience managing HSE proactively as a natural part of projects and campaigns
- are GWO certified
- speak and write English fluently, have good communication skills and can present results professionally to your colleagues and stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Jean-Thomas Meyer, Manager in Measurements, by telephone on +45 99 55 61 19 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling to our different sites and to offshore wind farms with our contractors when systems are installed, commissioned, and maintained.