Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Lead Sourcing Manager
Imagine a future where you, in a leading role, take up the technical and commercial challenges of leading the sourcing of foundation supply for offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll take a leading role in our Foundation Supply category, taking the overall portfolio responsibility, guiding and directing the total portfolio of procurement and tender processes from sourcing strategy to signed contract as well as developing and maintaining a close relationship with your internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, you’ll take the role as Lead Negotiator for business-critical strategic projects within the category.
Welcome to Foundations & Offshore Construction Procurement
You’ll be part of a passionate and dedicated sourcing team where you and your colleagues will be responsible for the sourcing of the CAPEX contracts for Foundation Supply as well as the installation of wind turbine generators, foundations, cables, and offshore substations for our offshore wind farms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- as the anchor point, being the commercial lead in directing our foundation supply sourcing conducted by your colleagues
- underpinning business activities by contributing with your substantial expertise in sourcing management, negotiation, and cost-out initiatives
- executing our business strategy and pursuing our ambitious targets to reduce the cost of energy
- maturing, developing, and optimising foundation supply scopes across the Group’s portfolio of wind farm projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a cross-disciplinary background based on a bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, law, or engineering
- have substantial experience with procurement management and with leading the sourcing of complex construction projects
- are an experienced and solution-oriented negotiator
- have excellent stakeholder management skills and communicate freely at all organisational levels and are able to cooperate efficiently with colleagues from other in-house functions as well as with the external supply chain
- have a positive and proactive approach to your tasks and a structured and analytical approach to your work, enabling you to manoeuvre and deliver business-critical projects successfully.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 25 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis, starting from week 33.
Don’t hesitate to contact Henrik Utke Lenstrup, Senior Manager of Foundation & Offshore Construction Sourcing, by telephone on +45 99 51 62 92 if you’d like to know more about the position.