Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Substations Project Manager
Imagine a future where you take on end-to-end project management responsibility for our substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for project development and construction of onshore substations. You’ll also be handling project start-up and the overall project requirements, including managing time, budget, scope, vendors, deliveries, quality, tenders, contracts, claims, interfaces, HSE, resources, risks, and stakeholders. Finally, you’ll be managing and motivating the project team, enabling them to become a high-performing team which delivers within scope, on time, and on budget.
Welcome to Substations Project Management
You’ll be part of Substations Project Management, Greater Changhua Offshore Wind Farm, where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver the 900 MW onshore substation
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the execution of the construction scope of the substation
- being responsible for all matters pertaining to project management and construction of on and offshore substations
- securing resources for and team performance of project sub-groups in cooperation with the line organization
- ensuring technical documentation of the design, fabrication, installation, and commissioning, safety philosophy, inspection plan, decommissioning, and abandonment plan
- participating in the development phase and securing bid for future substations projects
- closing down the project, finalising the CAPEX account, and handing over the assets to our Operations or OFTO function.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in engineering and preferably certification in project management at PMI or ICMA level
- have extensive experience with project management of multi-disciplinary, large-scale construction projects, preferably within design and construction of large-scale onshore substations
- thrive in a fast-paced and diverse international environment bringing together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures, and authorities
- have excellent communication skills and master English at negotiation level
- have a result-oriented approach to your work and are able to motivate your colleagues
- have a strong-minded, robust personality with the ability to challenge organizational decisions as well as adapting to changing business and market needs.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 30 October 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.