Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Software or Electrical Engineer
Imagine a future where you take up the technical challenge of ensuring optimal operation of our SCADA and communication systems on offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be working with the critical control systems of the wind farm, solving incidents with our site personnel and ensuring that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are completed. Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for failure analyses, the technical management of lifecycle campaigns, and retrofits.
Welcome to SCADA and Security
You’ll be part of the Controls team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the overall handling and daily operation of all our production SCADA, communication, and support systems. These systems are critical for the business as they support the core of our energy production in the wind farm. You’ll also have the opportunity to be involved in the development of requirements for future SCADA systems in the construction of future wind farms, to ensure optimal operation throughout their lifetime.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting our sites performing SCADA troubleshooting functions during operation and ensuring that corrective actions are performed in the optimal way
- securing the quality of the reporting on SCADA integrity issues and risks within area
- engaging in discussions with SCADA supplier specialists regarding issue resolution and SW/HW upgrades
- actively engaging with other parts of Operations on cross-departmental projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant background, e.g. a bachelor’s/master’s degree in electrical/controls/software engineering or other relevant work experience
- have utility or industrial IT/OT experience that includes a track record of working on capital-intensive construction projects
- preferably have experience with design, development, or commissioning of SCADA systems (HMIs, RTUs, networks), possibly with SIEMENS SICAM, Schneider EcoSUI, GE DS Agile, or Siemens Gamesa WPS
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to operate efficiently in an international environment. It’ll also be viewed as an advantage if you’re fluent in Danish, but this is not a requirement
- have the ability to solve and communicate complex SCADA and controls concepts to non-domain experts in a collaborative fashion.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 25 October 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Troels Rahbek Lindhard, Head of SCADA and Security, by telephone on +45 99 55 63 19 if you’d like to know more about the position.