Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Imagine a future where you play a key role in the safe operation of our transmission assets in Taiwan
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the operation and maintenance of wind farm electrical assets, including the HV/LV power system. The scope of the role is to be an asset specialist and perform and coordinate the electrical activities and execution of the day-to-day operations and maintenance of our Changhua 1 & 2a transmission assets.
Welcome to Changhua 1 & 2a
Ørsted has secured 1,820 MW of grid capacity for offshore wind in Taiwan, the first 900 MW (Changhua 1 & 2a) being currently due for construction with a high level of activities and engagements with a large variety of stakeholders. You’ll be part of the HV Transmission System team where you’ll work under the directions of the senior operation specialist and will be seconded into the construction phase of the wind farm and undergo a series of on-the-job training programs to ensure that you develop the required competences.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing a strong, positive electrical QHSE culture with colleagues and ensuring that there’s always a focus on maintaining and improving safety standards
- being seconded into the construction phase of the wind farm to complete a series of on-the-job training programs and developing the required competences to operate and maintain the electrical system
- being responsible for planning, managing, and preparing the electrical works related to the wind farm transmission asset, including all HV/LV components in the onshore and offshore power system
- being responsible for performing switchgear operations and investigating faults on site and for informing the control engineer
- being familiar with both the operation and maintenance of the auxiliary system needed to support the transmission system, which includes an LV distribution system and mechanical supporting structure.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a good knowledge of HV/LV power systems and transmission networks (a degree in electrical engineering is preferable)
- have significant experience in HV/LV operation and maintenance management
- have an analytical approach to your work and the ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and calmly without losing perspective
- are able to create excellent results through teamwork and to develop good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners
- are able to live and work in shift patterns on an SOV (Service Operation Vessel)
- comply with GWO medical requirements for working offshore and onshore.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than January 22, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Taiwan, please don’t hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition Operations TW by email on talentacquisitionTW@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position