Engineering and construction
Structural Engineering Manager for offshore substation innovation
Imagine a future where you contribute to the development and design of offshore substations for our offshore wind projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be given a unique opportunity to join be a “start-up like” multi-disciplinary team of highly motivated individuals tasked to deliver a competitive advantage to our business through working with innovative projects. Within the team you’ll be the subject matter expert on structural design, general substation layout, mechanical equipment, and fire and safety offshore.
Welcome to Offshore Structural Engineering Management
You’ll be part of a group of nine dedicated and skilled engineering managers where you together with your colleagues will be able to make decisions and drive the design process, including proactively ensuring high quality and innovative design of offshore substations. We offer a job with great flexibility and many benefits, such as flexible working hours., opportunity for expatiation, etc., and a social environment where well-being and work joy is on top of the agenda.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maturing innovative concepts and technologies and deploy these to our future wind farms
- establishing our new best practice for working with innovation within offshore wind farm power transmission
- establishing the technical documentation for our innovation ideas, and ensuring that the matured ideas are handed over and implemented in our product line modules
- coordinating the timely maturation of new concepts with other subject matter experts and key stakeholders from across the organisation
- supporting a self-organising and self-driving team working to the agile principles.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience as an engineering or discipline manager
- have a master’s degree in structural engineering, and have proven offshore structural discipline skills
- have a sound understanding of other engineering disciplines (HVAC, fire, and safety, mechanical, and electrical) and how these are integrated in a substation design
- handle ambiguity without losing focus, and have a learn-by-doing mindset
- have an agreeable character that can find common ground through emphatic listening to the team and their ideas and being attuned to feedback from stakeholders
- value team achievement over individual achievement.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 25 April 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kasper Munch, Senior Manager, on +4599558501 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.