Marketing, branding and communications
Head of Communications
Imagine a future where you get to work in communications for the world’s most sustainable energy company
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for all internal and external communications, media relations, and project campaigns for our North America Region for Ørsted Offshore. Your key areas of responsibility include media relations including social media, corporate communications where you’ll be serving as spokesperson for the company, lead state and federal campaigns and internal communications and event management.
Welcome to Corporate Affairs
You’ll be part of a dynamic team where you, together with your colleagues, will provide overall strategic direction to the Region CEO and senior leadership team. You’ll also be managing three employees and multiple contract PR firms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and executing external communications strategies and plans, using our best practice across internal and external communication channels
- improving our leading brand position through building and managing relationships with key journalists and related stakeholders in the Region
- providing communication campaigns for our portfolio of all projects in the bid, build, and operate phases
- delivering high-quality communication content, such as press releases, presentations, speeches, social media posts, and delivering events for external and internal audiences
- working closely with Group expertise of excellence, including Communications, Branding, Public Affairs, Sustainability, and Marketing Communications to ensure internal alignment and knowledge sharing
- leading a communication team cross the Region, internally and with partner PR firms and coach the team members to ensure professional, high quality communicative support.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree or greater with a preferred focus on communications or public relations
- have experience in communications or PR with experience building and developing teams, an energy background is not a prerequisite but is preferred
- have substantial experience in corporate communications in a company or PR agency, preferably in a matrix environment
- have significant experience with business media, press, and social media
- have strong project management, presentation, and writing skills
- have an understanding of policy, knowledge of regulatory affairs will be a plus.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than May 10, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to other US office locations and offices abroad.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.