Manager, Innovation & Venture Hub and US R&D
Imagine a future where your expertise in technology, start-ups, and academic collaboration contribute to innovation and R&D in the U.S. offshore wind industry
Join us in this role where you’ll be our Manager of Innovation & Venture and U.S. R&D and you’ll help us grow our new Innovation Hub, be the go-to person for U.S. R&D, and will execute on our ambition to leverage external innovation. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that our global R&D strategy remains tailored to meet the ongoing needs of the U.S. market.
Welcome to Innovation
You’ll be part of a growing team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for identifying and commercializing relevant external companies with key technologies that solve internally defined problems. You’ll lead key U.S. R&D efforts with colleagues throughout our business and key external organizations, such as U.S. universities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying and assessing new and emerging technologies, start-ups, and solutions based on internal business needs
- leading project management and execution of projects and partnership programs and be the go-to person for U.S. universities on R&D, innovation, and start-up related needs.
- managing relationships with key external organizations and help with connecting to the appropriate colleagues throughout our business.
- supporting development and negotiation of legal agreements, such as NDAs and statements of work, strategic agreements, exclusivity deals, investments, etc.
- being the primary communication and coordination contact point between colleagues based in the U.S. and our global R&D organization
- identifying, maturing, and coordinating R&D collaborations between our business and key external research partners in the U.S.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience in this landscape and experience working in or with academia
- have start-up experience, whether as a part of a start-up company or a start-up support organization, and an understanding of start-up needs and ecosystems
- have a demonstrated familiarity with commercializing emerging technologies
- have good understanding of and ability to communicate on a broad range of technical topics related to green energy, such as natural environment, structural and electrical engineering, geotechnics, logistics, etc.
- have a good understanding of the political, stakeholder, and regulatory importance of engagement with universities and research organizations
- can build and maintain strong networks of contacts at management and topic expert level, both internally and externally.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than May 10, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages