Engineering and construction
Lead Specialist Electrical Safety
Imagine a future where you’ll work for a global leader and be responsible for electrical safety across our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll become Lead Specialist in the Electrical Safety department where you'll develop the electrical safety area and coach the people working at our wind farms around the world.
Welcome to Electrical Safety
You’ll be part of the Electrical Safety department where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for setting up the training and authorisation regime for the High Voltage organisation, ensuring the required competences and skills are defined, established, and maintained for the safe operation of the plant or equipment. You’ll develop the internal audit plans and perform audits in collaboration with appointed Senior Authorised Persons and Control Engineers on the different sites. Furthermore, you’ll develop new site-specific instructions around electrical operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling the review and updates of our Electrical Safety Rules documents, templates, and procedures
- adapting country-specific rules and legislations and ensuring compliance with different national requirements
- resource planning of employed and contracted staff based at various locations across our global sites and supporting project execution in business units
- preparing, implementing, and executing the annual audit plan and program for operation sites and project sites, including ad hoc inspections and audits
- managing investigations of incidents involving electrical safety as well as implementing lessons learned and ensuring communication to various departments.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a technical education, such as an engineering or high-voltage engineering degree, or are a certified electrician
- have extensive knowledge of electrical systems and high-voltage equipment, preferably with knowledge of UK, German, and EU safety regulations relating to HV works
- have experience working in field (site) and back-office environments as well as in working closely with structured permits for work and QHSE systems
- are experienced in electrical safety rules and have knowledge of generation and transmission systems within the UK and Europe
- possess a high decision orientation, combined with the ability to maintain a high-level overview while managing technical and detailed issues.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 6 Juli 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jørgen Elmstrøm, Head of Electrical Safety, on +4599552373 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll visit construction sites – in planned and shorter periods – covering Europe, Taiwan, and the US, where our senior authorised personnel of the asset projects are placed.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.