Strategy and business development
Bid Permit Manager
Imagine a future where you’re part of the strategic permitting team for our future offshore wind energy projects on the east coast of the United States
Join us in this role where you’ll become our Bid Permit Manager for input into our future bid projects to work within the Strategic Permitting team. As a Bid Permit Manager, you’ll have a key leading role in the development of our offshore wind projects on the east coast of the United States. You’ll be involved in leading a range of environmental, permitting, and scientific topics to support both competitive bidding and leasing strategy for our future projects.
Welcome to Permitting, Environment and Marine Affairs
You’ll be part of Strategic Permitting where you’ll seek input from our strategic environmental specialists, maritime specialists and spar with your colleagues in the permitting team across our portfolio to support both competitive bidding and leasing strategy for our future projects. You’ll work with colleagues in the United States and Europe, specialist consultants, and in consultation with regulatory authorities and stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing the permit or agency application(s) and coordinate with the Bid team for identification of all required engineering deliverables
- supporting the Bid team in planning for and coordinating efficient environmental and regulatory review and permitting input for competitive bids
- Developing and delivering a successful and competitive strategy for our current and future leases.
- managing projects by preparing schedules and managing budgets with a view to ensuring a smooth transition from successful bid win to Project Development
- communicating with Market Development and working on relevant bids on high risk permitting/local content/stakeholder issues
- creating an active strategy for regulatory showstoppers on bid preparation engaging with Federal Affairs to deliver de risked bid strategies for timely permits.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have in-depth knowledge of US regulations and policies, as well as relationships with decision makers, policy makers, and state and federal authorities
- have excellent knowledge of the environmental legislation and the permitting process in relation to the US market, and have exceptional stakeholder management abilities
- are a trustworthy and impactful communicator with the ability to maintain detailed dialogues, internally and externally as well as proactively managing risks and adapting in a changing environment
- have an active appetite to win and drive for better permit strategies and regulatory processes, and have a competitive mindset and the ability to deliver under pressure
- have experience working with National Environmental Policy Act
- preferably have experience with offshore or coastal permitting on the east coast and with offshore wind energy.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 05/10/2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.