Finance and controlling
Financial Risk Model Developer
Imagine a future where you’ll develop and support our financial risk management platform, focusing on the risks from power production and related trading and financial activities
Join us in this role where you’ll be delivering performance measurements on trading activities, value at risk, valuation of derivatives, and calculation of risk exposures.
Welcome to Risk Models & Analytics
You’ll be joining our Digital Risk Partners team where you’ll get four bright, honest, and passionate colleagues who’ll help you grow your talent while listening to your new and innovative ideas. You’ll help set the direction for our risk management platform, focusing explicitly on our rapidly growing Onshore business.
You’ll play an important role in:
- acting as the natural digital risk partner for our Onshore business, with the main stakeholders based in our Chicago office
- implementing new changes and features for our US trading office
- designing, developing, and testing solutions
- translating complex challenges to simple solutions by actively engaging in business discussions
- ensuring that the system runs smoothly every night, enabling transparency in our risk metrics.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an educational background within economics, finance, or similar, combined with technical flair and hands-on experience with coding, preferably Python, SQL, or SAS
- thrive with actively engaging our stakeholders, who are predominantly risk management subject matter experts
- have an analytical mindset and can communicate technical and complex issues in an intuitive way to a non-technical audience
- are curious, eager to learn, and motivated by designing simple and robust solutions
- preferably have knowledge of financial products, risk management, and/or energy markets and speak and write English fluently
- are preferably open to flexible working hours, as our main stakeholder is based in Chicago.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 19 September 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lasse Østgaard, Senior Lead Model Developer, on +4599558026 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.