Engineering and construction
Head of Quality & Documentation
Imagine a future where you ensure the documentation quality for our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role as Head of Quality & Documentation where you’ll ensure the development of the quality and documentation specialist function, making certain that it remains capable of ensuring correct handling of our documentation according to our standards and quality systems.
Welcome to Foundations Engineering & Fabrication Management
You’ll be Head of Quality & Documentation and part of our management team in Foundations Engineering & Fabrication Management. Your department consists of a growing team of currently five highly skilled quality and documentation specialists who are responsible for providing support to the engineering managers and fabrication managers and making sure that our internal and external documentation is handled properly and in accordance with our standards and quality systems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- planning, recruiting, and functionally managing quality and documentation specialists both in the detailed design phase and in the fabrication phase of new wind farm projects
- setting the right team and driving forecasting of future needs with respect to competences and staffing
- developing team members’ personal and professional competences and undertaking yearly performance and salary reviews
- planning and executing the quality assurance of the department’s deliverables
- maintaining and developing tools, processes, and ways of working, besides consolidating and implementing lessons learned to ensure the continuous development and improvement of the department’s performance
- leading and coordinating with other managers on company-wide strategic objectives as well as enhancing quality, efficiency, and safety in our business.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are motivated by and have experience with providing functional leadership to a team of specialists
- have a relevant educational background within quality and business process management and approach business optimisation projects with a lean mindset
- preferably have experience working with process and quality systems in large utility companies or consultancy companies within the offshore sector
- preferably have experience with strategic thinking and proactive planning
- understand the complexity of working in a matrix organisation to set the team up for success
- have excellent communication and influencing skills, speak and write English fluently, and can develop effective networks within a multicultural and international company.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 26 September 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Christian Ulrich Barfoed, Senior Manager, on +4599556714 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll have direct reports in both Gentofte and Skærbæk and soon expectably also in the US. You’ll also be required to do occasional travelling to other countries where the project execution is taking place.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
NB: Between 9-14 September, it will not be possible to apply for jobs with us due to technical maintenance.