Engineering and construction
Structural Engineering Manager for offshore substations
Imagine a future where you will make a difference by contributing to the development and design of offshore substations for our offshore wind projects.
Join us in this role where you’ll be given a unique opportunity to follow an Offshore Substation project through its stages from development to design, including follow-up during fabrication and installation until handover to operation. You’ll be directly responsible for the technical scope of offshore substations relating to structural steel design, general layout, and mechanical equipment as well as fire and safety, including proactively ensuring high quality and innovative design of offshore substations.
Welcome to Offshore Structural Engineering Management
You’ll be part of our team of nine dedicated and enthusiastic engineers with diverse backgrounds, where you together with your colleagues, will be working with broad multidisciplinary projects. Here, we push our limits, drive the innovation with large-scale projects, and deal with both HVAC and HVDC designs. We offer a job with great flexibility and many benefits such as flexible working hours as well as flexibility to work from home, opportunity for expatriation, and a social environment where well-being and job satisfaction are top of the agenda.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing and following up on the design prepared by EPC or an engineering consultancy, which means facilitating meetings and workshops, keeping track of progress, reviewing design documentation etc
- establishing technical documents for the design and fabrication contracts (technical specifications, scope of services, design basis, and engineering time schedule)
- ensuring that necessary input from internal stakeholders for the design process is received
- following up on design work, replying to technical queries (TQs), and securing contractors’ progress within own disciplines
- helping to develop and mature technologies for our portfolio and future substations
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience as an engineering or discipline manager
- have a master’s degree in structural engineering and have verified offshore structural discipline skills
- have a sound understanding of other engineering disciplines (HVAC, fire and safety, mechanical and electrical and how these are integrated in a substation design)
- have experience with managing design consultants or fabrication contractors from the offshore wind or oil and gas industry
- are extrovert and like to engage with other people
- like working in the helicopter perspective, but also appreciates to deep dive into technical drawings and specifications
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kasper Munch, Senior Manager, on +4599558501 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
OBS: Between 9-14 September, it will not be possible to apply for jobs with us due to technical maintenance.