Operations and technicians
CMC Control Systems Specialist
Imagine a future where you help monitor, troubleshoot, and remotely operate generation and transmission assets in the world’s largest offshore wind fleet
Join us in this role where you’ll provide on the ground SCADA and IT systems support to our team of operators monitoring and controlling offshore wind turbines, substations, and cables in the UK and internationally. You’ll also get the opportunity to train as a control room operator, learning the technical requirements of managing global wind assets in real time. This role is an excellent opportunity for a junior or mid-level control systems specialist, putting you at the heart of the wind industry and combining systems knowledge with frontline operations.
Welcome to Global Surveillance & Support
You’ll be part of the Control & Monitoring Centre (CMC) where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for 24/7 control of power export, alarm surveillance, remote diagnostics, and coordination with sites, traders, and grid authorities. Our team of 12 operators ensures our assets across the UK and EU provide safe and reliable green energy, using advanced remote tools and techniques to support and guide our teams on the ground.
You’ll play an important role in:
- working alongside support teams to install, test, and maintain IT and SCADA tools used in our Global CMC
- continuously identifying necessary improvements and updates to relevant products and systems
- providing expert advice, troubleshooting, and frontline service support to manage systems and equipment through daily CMC use
- starting a development journey to become a control room operator, incl. formal and on-the-job training
- covering a range of system tools incl. Wonderware, OSI PI, Citrix Receiver, Vestas VOB, and Siemens Gamesa WPS.
To succeed in the role, you:
- ideally will have studied or worked on the development and commissioning of control systems, including design, documentation, testing, and installation
- have experience working within the control systems sector and potentially with OT security and network design for production systems, preferably within utilities and power generation industries
- are a proactive problem-solver and strong communicator, keen to identify and implement improvement initiatives across departments
- have a solid understanding of network design, communication protocols, and data flows
- ideally have experience across SCADA, IT, and data security systems and processes.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28 November 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK, , on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.