Finance and controlling
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for budgeting and controlling tasks on projects in the development and execution phase
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the financial planning, cost management, and cost analysis of our US offshore wind farms in the development and execution phases. This includes budgeting, reporting, and cost controlling of individual asset projects. You’ll moreover operate in close collaboration with key project stakeholders, such as project development managers, technical project managers, commercial managers, and planners.
Welcome to North America Project Controlling
You’ll be part of a growing team where you, together with your colleagues, will support our projects by ensuring transparent reporting and taking an active role in providing financial stewardship. Based in both Boston, Massachusetts and Gentofte, Denmark, we work closely together with stakeholders across multiple locations in Europe and the US.
You’ll play an important role in:
- proactively supporting project managers in their cost management and finance tasks
- ensuring that cost management and finance are on the agenda in an engineering context
- explaining ‘the story behind the numbers’, i.e., being able to work with numbers to project our business trends
- creating budgets for the development or execution phases of large asset projects
- managing monthly closings incl. accruals, project accounting, and financial planning and analysis.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent
- have some experience with project controlling and experience with budgeting and accounting
- have good stakeholder management skills, and can adapt your communication style to all levels
- easily adapt to new systems, and are a skilled user of Microsoft Excel
- are a proactive and adaptable person, with a structured approach to problem-solving
- are a team player who takes an active role in the team and the work we do, whilst not being afraid to challenge the status quo.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than November 1, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.