Engineering and construction
Lead cable specialist
Imagine a future where you’ll play a key role in innovating the HV cable connections needed to reliably connect some of the largest offshore wind farms globally
Join us in this role where you’ll become lead cable specialist in the High Voltage Cables Specialist department where you’ll be responsible for the technical governance and implementation of 33-400 kV offshore and onshore cable connections. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases from research and development through design, specification and procurement, to operations and maintenance related to our complete range of onshore and offshore cable systems for offshore wind farms across our markets.
Welcome to High Voltage Cable Specialist
You’ll be part of HVC Specialist where you, together with your colleagues, will focus solely on cable technology. The department is part of all offshore projects within the organization, and we offer a unique opportunity to work with industry leaders within cable technology, optimization, simulations, and essentially all aspects of cable system design.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining technical requirements that contribute to ensuring that we remain the world’s leading offshore wind farm developer
- developing and implementing best-practice processes for cable specialist project assistance, including managing (primarily internal) stakeholders
- ensuring technical governance and quality across the portfolio by analysing non-conformities and lessons learned, including support to projects and operations with RCAs and optimization initiatives
- supporting the procurement team in evaluating the technical compliance of the various cable suppliers in terms of testing, design, accessories, and termination work
- verifying new technologies, participating in conferences, CIGRE working groups, and other R&D activities/workshops, ensuring close collaboration with universities, and mentoring new employees.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a proactive and systematic approach to the technical tasks across the department
- have a strong background in both technical and commercial aspects related to cables
- have extensive experience working for a cable supplier, a TSO, a university, or similar, with specific competences in subsea cable systems
- have detailed knowledge of cables standards, including, but not limited to, CIGRE Technical Brochures, IEC, and AEIC
- have a master’s degree or a PhD in electrical engineering or similar
- have an independent mindset and are willing to act as a strong initiator with the ability to contribute to and collaborate efficiently on challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 7 November 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Aabye Olsen, Manager, on +4561244380 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the US, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US by email on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.