IT and digital
Senior SCADA Engineer
Imagine a future where you help develop the SCADA system for one of the world’s most innovative energy companies
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for configuring controls for turbines and securing data acquisition. You’ll work with various SCADA domain experts across Northern Europe and Malaysia. We’ll support your personal and professional growth by enhancing your technical capability within, for example, Wonderware, OSIsoft, SAFe Agile, etc.
Welcome to Platform, Integration & Data (PID)
You’ll be part of the SCADA team where you, together with your colleagues, will support the organisation globally. Our team fosters a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment where you’ll learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that’ll ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and supporting SCADA, Wonderware, and OSIsoft systems as well as planning, upgrading, installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining OSIsoft PI system servers
- handling tasks in teams as well as independently and ensuring high-quality deliveries through your interaction with customers and colleagues
- extracting key system data for business analysis, ensuring a high level of IT security for system databases
- solving incident tickets within the SLA, planning and patching support on all systems, and being on duty to lend support in connection with major incidents
- controlling power plant site upgrades such as T2000 to T3000 as well as setting up new connections and securing a stable operation of these systems
- being responsible for the expansion of grid services in the SCADA systems and supporting the Bio Thermal business applications/V-Node plans.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a high level of SCADA or Historian skills and have experience with one or more SCADA or Historian systems, preferably OSIsoft PI and Wonderware
- have good knowledge of and experience with industrial communication protocols, such as OPC DA, XML and UA, IEC 104, and Modbus
- have experience with MS SQL Server system administration, SQL query, and MS Windows Server (2012 and 2016) system administration and are able to install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot in cooperation with our Windows Server and network team
- have basic programming skills for configuring and maintaining scripts also practising the Agile approach
- have experience with High Availability (HA) systems and understand what’s required to obtain high availability
- have good analytical and troubleshooting skills and a methodical approach to solving difficult problems.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31-12-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Haslinda Mohammad Ali, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.