Strategy and business development
Lead Transaction Manager
Imagine a future where you’re contributing to a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll perform end-to-end execution of M&A and Business Development transactions, including joint ventures, development stage, FID-ready, and operating asset acquisitions to support the international growth of our Onshore business unit. You’ll acquire experience leading multidisciplinary teams through the due diligence process to acquire renewable assets.
Welcome to Onshore
You’ll be part of Business Development and M&A where you, together with your colleagues, will drive growth in onshore European renewables via partnerships, joint ventures, and acquisitions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing, originating, and analysing potential investment opportunities, joint ventures, joint development agreements and other forms of partnership agreements
- co-ordinating due diligence workstreams across multiple subject matter experts, both internally and externally, including overall timetable management
- building the business case behind our M&A and business development investments
- supporting the negotiation of development, M&A related and project execution contracts
- taking ownership of executive decision support materials for consumption by Onshore ExComm, Orsted A/S Investment Committee, and the Board of Directors.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a track record of leading due diligence activities, including the preparation of requisite analysis and materials to aid in executive decision-making
- have a track record of having participated in the successful acquisition of renewable energy generating assets or platforms
- have a track record of identifying and closing pipeline partnerships, joint ventures, or other forms of development agreements in onshore wind, solar and/or storage
- have experience in financial modelling, preferably from a renewables investor, a renewables industrial participant, an investment bank, consultancy, or relevant financial advisory in the energy market
- have knowledge of and experience in transacting or partnering in the renewables industry
- possess business level proficiency in English, and at least one other European language.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28 November 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK, , on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be expected to travel both to some of our other offices and to potential partner locations once it’s safe to travel again.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.com if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.