Engineering and construction
WTG Commissioning Engineer
Imagine a future where you manage a team that commissions offshore wind farm projects in a rapidly growing global offshore wind market
Join us in this role where you’ll play a key part in the success of the project. You’ll manage all commissioning activities for the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) scope onshore at pre-assembly and offshore, until hand-over to the O&M customer.
Welcome to Fabrication & Commissioning
You’ll be part of Fabrication & Commissioning where you, together with your colleagues, will work within a strong project matrix organisation. You and your commissioning team will plan and take care of the entire WTG commissioning scope, while coordinating among stakeholders, managing day to day challenges, and taking risk-based decisions to ensure best quality and earliest possible power generation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- taking a proactive approach to meet HSE, quality, and reliability targets
- planning and managing scope, time, budget, and resources for supervising the WTG Commissioning activities carried out by the WTG Contractor and other sub-contractors to ensure contract compliance
- the daily management of WTG Commissioning Supervisors and Inspectors, incl. prioritisation of WTG inspection activities, coordination of absence, receipts, and signing of time sheets
- ensuring WTG commissioning activities comply with internal and external requirements and specifications, whilst following local legislation
- reporting WTG commissioning progress to the WTG project manager.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree, as well as experience with quality management and risk management, and have a passion for technology
- are highly safety-oriented and have strong focus on quality
- understand people and have professional experience in multicultural teams, preferably across continents
- have professional experience from the offshore industry, preferably within offshore wind, plus a self-driven attitude and the ability to cope with an ever-changing project development and execution environment
- have strong communication skills and can engage with stakeholders on different levels
- possess good spoken and written English skills.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Operations MY, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do extensive travelling in relation to your work. Global flexibility is essential for this role, as we execute projects in various markets and continents.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.