Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you’ll be a dynamic part of our growing Project Delivery team based in either Cork or Edinburgh
Join us in this role where you’ll offer an open approach to sharing knowledge, supporting and contributing to all stages of engineering design of utility-scale PV asset developments. You’ll assist in due diligence activities, including providing technical input and review of third-party energy yield assessments.
Welcome to Project Delivery
You’ll be part of Project Delivery where you, together with your colleagues, will support the growth of solar PV projects in Ireland and the UK, including developing initial PV system design layouts and equipment review assessments. You’ll also play a key role in the development of procedures and assessment of new measurement technologies and analysis tools within the Energy Analysis team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- liaising with solar suppliers and internal procurement teams regarding technology options
- designing, managing, and monitoring site measurement campaigns, where applicable
- analysing available meteorological datasets
- producing solar resource assessment and long-term energy yields, whilst supporting due diligence, from pre-grid application stage to ‘shovel-ready’ projects
- providing technical input into assessment of PV plant components, electrical schemes, designs, financial models, and EPC and O&M contracts
- managing and reviewing third-party solar resource assessment reports and communicating site-specific solar resource risks and opportunities to project teams.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree-level qualification in an Engineering or related technical discipline, such as Electrical, Energy, Physics or Atmospheric Sciences
- have proven professional experience designing and performing energy yield analyses of utility scale solar PV plants
- are an advanced user of PVSyst, with AutoCAD proficiency and electrical design experience being a strong advantage
- can easily work with many stakeholders and tasks and have strong communication and collaboration skills.