Engineering and construction
Senior Cable Project Engineer (O&M)
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for the integrity of the high-voltage cables in operation on the world’s biggest offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the jointing, termination, and connection equipment for our high-voltage array or export cables. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of experienced engineers, and you’ll cooperate closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and APAC.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of our diverse HV Cables Project Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure the quality of high-voltage array or export cables and ensure the safe operation of the asset throughout the lifecycle. We’re a team of 17 engineers that share complementary skills and a common commitment to getting work delivered to a high standard.
You’ll play an important role in:
- reviewing designs and supplier technical proposals, and ensuring the suitability of technical solutions across all functional areas, e.g., offshore installation, HV components, and offshore substations
- managing the design, manufacturing, termination, and testing processes, incl., quality assurance of 33-400kV cable products and related accessories
- managing interfaces with internal and external stakeholders
- managing technical integrity issues and supporting our site teams in the UK, Europe, the US, and Asia, related to the array and export cables
- providing Operations and Maintenance (O&M) improvement proposals for our development and construction projects
- participating in warranty cases or major failure events as a technical expert.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering at a minimum, and have experience with engineering or testing high-voltage cables and accessories
- preferably have in-depth knowledge of submarine cable standards (CIGRE, IEC, ICEA) and FIDIC contracts
- have experience with O&M as a grid operator or similar related to HV cables within the offshore wind industry
- have knowledge of cable monitoring systems incl. design, testing, and implementation at site, preferably with hands-on experience of fault-finding
- are self-driven and results-oriented, and have a systematic approach to your work tasks
- are an excellent communicator who speaks and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 03 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Chee Wah Chooi, Manager HVC Project Engineering, on (United Kingdom +44) 7552260643 on Fridays if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be interfacing with cable suppliers either in the US, Europe, or Asia, and you’ll visit your team in either London, Gentofte, Skærbæk, or Kuala Lumpur.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.