Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Stakeholder Relations Lead for Delaware
Imagine a future where you take on the exciting challenge of supporting the establishment and expansion of Ørsted in the United States
Join us in this role where you’ll work closely with the Head of Government Affairs and Policy for Maryland and Delaware to develop and implement market engagement strategies for the Delaware market and bolster our competitive position. You’ll also play a key role in supporting the development of our Skipjack Wind and future development projects as well as promoting our and Skipjack Wind’s interests by serving as the day-to-day public face representing us with local communities, businesses, and elected officials.
Welcome to Government Affairs and Market Strategy
The Corporate Affairs team is a dynamic one with diverse skill sets across a wide range of disciplines like government relations, stakeholder engagement, communications, public relations, branding and marketing, union relations, and workforce development. You’ll be part of a team where you, together with your colleagues, will maintain and strengthen positive working relationships with local elected officials, environmental NGOs, local community organizations, and other key internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- cultivating support for Skipjack Wind and Ørsted in Delaware, with emphasis on important geographic areas and with key constituencies
- working closely with our communications team to streamline external messaging
- serving as a key point of contact on the American offshore wind industry for Delaware audiences
- collaborating with external government relations and stakeholder consultants responsible for state and local community engagement in coordination with the Head of Government Affairs and Policy for Maryland and Delaware
- building partnerships with universities, community colleges, and school systems, and workforce development organizations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at least five years of experience in energy-related government affairs and market strategy
- are able to work independently and with a wide range of stakeholder interests, and possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- have demonstrated experience working with located elected officials, environmental NGOs, and local community organizations
- are a team player with a professional track record of adding value through collaborative work with colleagues
- are able spend most of your workdays in Delaware
- have a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than August 14, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, incl. quarterly domestic US travel and infrequent travel to Europe.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.