Engineering and construction
Construction Package Manager, Ocean Wind
Imagine a future where you play a critical role in ensuring world class end-to-end construction of our US Windfarm Projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for leading and managing the construction package during execution of the offshore wind farm project, either as the Lead or Deputy Construction Package Manager, depending on qualifications and seniority. This role is also known in US O&G as Offshore Transport and Installation Manager.
Welcome to Construction & Commissioning Management
You’ll be part of Construction Project Managers where you, together with your colleagues, will support the execution of our offshore wind project Ocean Wind 01 and other projects in the future. You’ll therefore act as a lead/deputy in the execution phase, managing your project team and budget whilst taking on responsibility for a safe and effective execution of the offshore construction works facilitating other installation scopes. You’ll report directly to the EPC Director or his deputy in the project and the functional line manager for your further development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing and leading your Construction Package scope for excellent HSE, quality, cost, and performance KPIs
- leading project team members in your area of responsibility of the project scope, aligning closely with relevant people managers
- managing relevant project stakeholders comprising public authorities and contractors and within the project structure
- managing and coordinating interfaces between various external installation contractors and vessel suppliers, as well as installation package managers for other areas of responsibility in the project
- implementing the Construction Package Site Management Manual, incl. organization, roles and responsibilities, meeting structure, KPI’s, progress, plans, and procedures.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant technical education, for example a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering or logistics, incl. relevant experience with unions and union agreements, offshore installation, and commissioning works, etc.
- possess leadership and management skills for impactful communication with teams and stakeholders, the development of your organisation and teams, and for influencing and driving project and business performance
- have a strong personal drive and thrive on working in a Package Management role
- can coordinate complex and cross-disciplinary construction activities from large-scale onshore and/or offshore infrastructure projects, managing the associated tasks in a professional manner
- have solid experience with working efficiently in large and multicultural matrix organizations, and understand how to engage the right internal people and stakeholders at the right time
- are resilient, persistent, and thrive in an international environment, with the ability to create and maintain good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than August 21, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up and are expected to spend significant time on site in our EPC Hub.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll
travel to Europe and within the US and go offshore and therefore require relevant safety trainings.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.