Strategy and business development
Land and Property Manager
Imagine a future where you play an integral role securing the land and property required in Norfolk to deliver the world’s largest offshore wind farm
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the land and property required for construction and operation of the onshore elements of the Hornsea 3 project. This role will require strong relationship-building skills with our consultants and with affected landowners, occupiers, and statutory undertakers in the East Anglia region. You'll implement existing agreements in addition to securing new rights, managing commercial properties, and advising on land needed for new and innovative green energy solutions.
Welcome to Land & Property
You’ll be part of the UK Land & Property team where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of a team of highly skilled surveyors and real estate experts supporting the development, execution, and operation of our green energy projects across the UK and Ireland. You’ll work closely with the Hornsea 3 Commercial Managers and the project leadership team to deliver the project's real estate requirements on time and on budget. You’ll also support the wider UK Land and Property team’s strategic work, incl. identifying opportunities to innovate and drive change, as you take ownership of our land strategy.
You’ll play an important role in:
- advising the project on approach to land agreements, compulsory acquisition, and compensation
- managing lawyers and consultants undertaking deals on the company’s behalf
- engaging and consulting with key stakeholders, incl. landowners, occupiers, and utilities
- personally handling high-value and high-risk negotiations for the project
- undertaking management tasks, compliance audits, and project risk management, as required.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree or professional qualification in surveying, estate management, law, or similar
- have experience of working on large-scale projects
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have excellent communication skills and are able to speak and write English fluently
- thrive in a collaborative environment and are able to create strong and long-lasting relationships with your team and external stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 19 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact John Galloway, Head of UK Land & Property, on (United Kingdom +44) 7469916755, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.