Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Controller
Imagine a future where you ensure excellent financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge and process optimisation
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the financial controlling of some of our legal entities especially in Taiwan, incl. the controlling of the month-end close, statutory accounts, joint venture reporting, managing the audit process, and performing internal controls.
Welcome to Ørsted Business Services (ØBS) APAC
You’ll be part of Financial Accounting & Controlling APAC where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardised, high-quality, and timely reporting to our Group. We work with accounting, reporting, and controlling as one function across the Group, so you’ll be involved in cross-company activities and projects and supporting this establishment in our Kuala Lumpur hub.
You’ll play an important role in:
- contributing to technical accounting research and policy-setting, incl. implementing and monitoring compliance with IFRS and Local GAAP, especially Taiwan GAAP
- being responsible for the financial controlling and reporting of most of our APAC entities, especially Taiwan entities
- being responsible for periodic APAC GAAP reporting for internal and external users, and being the interface with external auditors of Local GAAP financial statements
- ensuring high quality service to, and solid collaboration with, local business finance and joint venture partners
- driving the continuous optimisation of processes, in close dialogue with colleagues and management
- driving and ensuring the implementation of our standard financial processes and acting as local guide and contact person for the financial accounting and controlling team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience working in a public accounting firm or an accounting department in an international company
- have thorough knowledge of Local Taiwan GAAP and IFRS, both from a theoretical point of view, and from a practical operational point of view
- can communicate clearly in writing, especially about financial issues, and in English and with an additional third language of Mandarin to support our Taiwan office
- speak, read, and write English and Mandarin at an academic level
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues, as well as the ability to handle information you receive critically.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home or office-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.