Engineering and construction
Mechanical Cable Specialist
Imagine a future where you’re key in enhancing the power output of existing and new offshore wind farms by ensuring mechanical integrity of our HV Cables
Join us in this role where you’ll evaluate the technical quality and compliance of 33-400kV offshore and onshore cable connections and perform assessments of mechanical static and dynamic analysis modelling. You’ll have a wide range of technical responsibilities within a rapidly developing and globally expanding industry, supporting your life-long technical and personal development.
Welcome to High Voltage Cable Specialists department
You’ll be part of the cable specialist team where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute with specialist knowledge on cable technology and mechanical simulations. We’re a global team working across 12 time zones where we value good collaboration and knowledge sharing as well as personal and professional development. We’re a group of highly skilled specialists focussing on cable technology and cable monitoring solutions and therefore you’ll have colleagues, both in the department and across the organisation, with whom you can discuss technology, methods, issues, and solutions on a daily basis.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing, performing, and assessing mechanical calculations in accordance with latest standards and best practices
- giving support on topics related to configuration design for dynamic cable sections, hang-offs, J-Tubes, cable protection systems, cable ancillary equipment and other mechanical topics for projects
- ensuring the technical quality across different projects by analysing non-conformities and creating lessons learnt in the organisation
- assisting our existing wind farms in securing high availability on all assets.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a master’s degree in mechanical engineering with experience in cables, pipelines, or umbilicals
- have extensive experience with modelling and performing mechanical global static and dynamic analysis modelling in tools such as Orcaflex
- have experience with performing ultimate limit state (ULS) and fatigue limit state (FLS) analyses
- are proactive and systematic in your approach to the technical tasks across the department
- have a strong aptitude for model troubleshooting, model feature optimisation, and analysis automation through development of scripts or similar tools
- have a global outlook, are curious, and thrive in an international environment where all teams are culturally diverse.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition MY, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.