IT and digital
Senior Application Specialist
Imagine a future where you help drive the digital trading transformation for the world’s wind leader, proactively employing your technical expertise
Join us in this role where you’ll work with some of the latest cloud-based technologies to deliver and support a world-class trading system to support renewable energy. You’ll have the opportunity to work in the exciting world of renewable energy, all while being part of a growing business backed by a global company with over 20 years’ experience in renewable energy. You’ll also have a unique opportunity to influence the transformation of the current IT landscape as it evolves into our “Future ETRM Roadmap” based on cloud technologies and scalable, interoperable, and lightweight micros
Welcome to Energy Trading and Risk Management
You’ll be part of Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) trading platform and surrounding IT landscape for the US onshore trading business where you, together with your colleagues, will join highly experienced business and technical people to build, develop, and support the platform into a robust trading system used to grow the trading business. You’ll work closely with the business to tailor the system to meet our specific business needs.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing daily technical support for the IT systems which are the foundation for the US Power Trading operations
- extending the IT infrastructure to cover new markets and products in the US Power Trading market
- integrating the trading systems towards our downstream systems and streaming platform, as well as maintaining interfaces towards external vendors, regulators, and suppliers
- liaising between the front-, back-, middle-office and IT delivery organization to deliver high-quality business capabilities which comply with our IT architectural roadmap
- influencing the future ETRM roadmap for US power trading and helping with technology choices that supports current and future needs for our business.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience supporting Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) platforms, incl. configuring different market trading products within these systems
- understand the instruments used to trade physical commodities, power and gas, and green certificates
- understand the instruments used for hedging and risk reduction, with knowledge of PPA contracts and option trading being an advantage
- have knowledge of the Energy Trading market, preferably the US market, with experience from a supporting role in IT, a role in risk, or any of the front-, middle-, or back-office functions
- have a developer profile, or at least some experience in scripting and coding, preferably with Java and Python
- have knowledge about cloud-based technologies and Azure DevOps; knowledge about Kafka, microservice development, and deployment using Kubernetes would be beneficial.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than October 22, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.