Strategy and business development
Head of Acquisitions for Partnerships and M&A
Imagine a future where you manage a team working on strategically important acquisitions to help drive Ørsted’s growth and shape our company’s future
Join us in this role where you’ll identify, assess, and execute acquisition opportunities across a variety of technologies and markets with a specific focus on onshore wind, solar and Power-to-X activities, in close collaboration with the relevant regions and market development teams.
Welcome to Partnerships and M&A
You’ll be part of the Partnerships and M&A department where you’ll manage a team of five employees, who are mostly based in Copenhagen. Your team will be primarily focused on assessing acquisition opportunities such as our recent almost €700m acquisition of the German onshore developer Ostwind. You’ll also be part of a leadership team within the Partnerships and M&A department, which comprises 25 employees and has a global and cross-technology mandate, focusing on large scale divestments, acquisitions, partnerships, structured financing initiatives, and bid development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading a team of M&A professionals to ensure successful origination, planning, and execution of high value and strategically important acquisition opportunities
- critically analysing potential acquisitions from a strategic, commercial, and legal perspective, and identifying opportunities in collaboration with the wider business
- tracking the M&A market within the renewables sector, incl. developing and managing our relationships with investment banks and participating in panels and conferences
- preparing and presenting recommendations to senior management or the investment committee in relation to M&A opportunities
- setting and driving the strategic direction of the wider Partnerships and M&A department.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant experience with assessing and executing M&A transactions within a commercial business environment, e.g., finance, law, or investment
- are able to build relationships with internal and external counterparts and adapt to the style of collaboration and communication to drive efficiency and success
- are able to motivate and co-ordinate multiple employees and stakeholders across parallel workstreams and transactions
- have an academic background with a bachelor’s or master’s degree within e.g., finance, law, business, economics, or engineering, with excellent results.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Peter Highmore, Co-Head of P'ships & Corporate M&A, on (United Kingdom +44) 7342056924 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.