Engineering and construction
Head of Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, APAC
Imagine a future where you lead a specialised, diverse, dynamic, and ambitious team of skilled engineers based at our office in Kuala Lumpur
Join us in this role where you’ll lead a growing international team currently consisting of eight people ensuring that our electrical and mechanical design is compliant, reliable, of high quality, and delivered on time. You’ll develop your employees’ mindset and skills to perform efficiently while building a safe and innovative culture to enable the success of our strategic targets. Finally, you’ll set the direction and processes for the area and ensure the provision of engineering support to our internal customers.
Welcome to Electrical & Mechanical Engineering - APAC area
You’ll be part of our newly established Electrical & Mechanical Engineering department for the APAC team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that we deliver the electrical LV Power/Utilities and mechanical engineering support at all project stages. You’ll be part of the Electrical & Comm. Mgmt. team., interfacing with a variety of stakeholders and disciplines. You’ll also contribute to developing the culture of a new fast-growing local EPCO organisation together with the local management team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- recruiting, motivating, and developing people across offices and regions
- developing and maintaining tools, processes, and knowledge to secure compliance with relevant codes, standards, and requirements
- setting the direction and strategy for the department and developing an innovation culture
- ensuring active engagement with internal customers and stakeholders to meet the demands of resources, tools, and best practices
- providing skilled and competent people and intelligent solutions to programs and projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a relevant degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or have relevant experience within the field
- have a passion for people leadership and the development of talent
- thrive in an international environment and excel at creating relationships over distance and across cultures
- are motivated to create results through others and are customer-oriented
- can convey complex matters in a simple way in fluent English, whether verbally or in writing
- are eager to develop your personal leadership skills as you extend your influence in a wider context.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, , on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.