Operations and technicians
Imagine a future where you take up the exciting challenge of enabling safe transit and access of our technicians to our offshore wind assets to perform operations and maintenance activities
Join us in this role where you’ll become an offshore coordinator and work in our brand-new state-of-the-art operations and maintenance (O&M) facility in the Port of Taichung. You’ll support our operations team, plan, and execute safe vessel movements along with access to our assets, and assist with the planning and scheduling required by our offshore site teams.
Welcome to Offshore Coordination
You’ll be part of Site Support where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for granting safe access and ensuring the safety and tracking of our offshore teams. You’ll also be covering operational control under a Safe System of Work (SSoW) and implementing our emergency response plan when required. Each offshore coordinator is responsible for maintaining an understanding of the company’s Energy Asset Integrity Management policy and strategy, and for carrying out any relevant resultant tasks.
You’ll play an important role in:
- coordinating emergency response, controlling vessel traffic, responding to radio communications, and escalating to incident coordinator/second line emergency response as appropriate
- managing the WTG and transmission access restrictions, i.e., keeping them up-to-date and receiving direction on these from the planning/scheduling function
- handling all vessel allocations and unforeseen changes to the daily plan/schedule as well as optimizing the efficiency of vessel use
- operating the offshore management system (SOMS) and ensuring that all offshore personnel have the correct certification and pax lists if required by site management
- providing weather forecasting and observation system data, interpreting the data to provide advice and recommendations to our offshore teams and to assist in planning, and ensuring that notices are issued to mariners and local operators, e.g., local fishermen, the pilot office, and the port agent
- reviewing the vessel performance data (provided through coordination with Operations Logistics) to ensure that efficient planning is translated into desired performance, e.g., fuel consumption.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are an experienced IT user (Microsoft Office package) and have excellent communication skills
- have an understanding of SSoW and marine coordination/control as well as experience in a marine setting
- have experience with the SAP system and previous experience in the offshore industry,
including knowledge of incident control and experience with radio operations
- have excellent communication skills in both Taiwanese and English and can keep calm under pressure.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-12-30. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations TW, , on talentacquisitionTW@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that the job holder will be expected to reach the minimum competence requirements within the given timeframe as laid out in the relevant competence framework for which a full training plan will be provided.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.