Strategy and business development
Business Development Manager, Onshore Germany (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for sourcing, managing, and closing onshore wind, solar, and storage M&A transactions in Germany
These transactions range from single-asset purchase agreements to pipeline and potentially add-on platform acquisitions.
Welcome to Business Development
You’ll be part of Business Development where you, together with your colleagues, will collaborate across our teams leading Project Development, Onshore EPC, Finance, Legal, and PPA Origination and Trading. You’ll shape this role and break new ground, delivering and developing as part of a team, with impact in Continental Europe. As an ambitious and bright team player, you’ll work creatively with external stakeholders, partners, and colleagues from across the organisation, developing relationships, mutual understanding, and influence.
You’ll play an important role in:
- collaborating with Ørsted’s European Onshore leadership to execute an M&A strategy in the German market, incl. annual growth targets and budgeting/financial planning
- managing M&A activity of onshore wind, solar, and storage assets, incl. sourcing, initial screening, project and platform diligence, offtake support, and execution of purchase agreements
- managing cross-functional collaboration with various teams within Ørsted and external consultants to diligence and close acquisition opportunities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have relevant experience working in the German or other European power markets executing commercial transactions, developing and managing growth strategies, and originating business development opportunities with partners and customers
- have completed a third level degree incl. in economics, finance, law, or engineering, preferably an advanced degree or MBA
- possess strong analytical skills and financial modelling experience
- have a track record of structuring, negotiating, and closing transactions
- preferably have an existing network of relationships in the German onshore renewables sector.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 18th December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition team -, on firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be travelling within Germany to meet stakeholders and within Europe to meet your colleagues in other countries.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.