Strategy and business development
Product Developer for Upgrades in Production Assets
Imagine a future where you develop and roll-out innovative WTG upgrades and novel retrofits across the world’s largest operational offshore fleet
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for driving end-to-end development and roll-out of new WTG upgrade and retrofit products across our offshore fleet. We develop through iterations with agile product management, hence you'll play a key role in the identification of issues and opportunities, leading the execution of product roadmaps and plans, development of business cases to minimum viable product, identification of suppliers, trialling proof of concept to full roll-out, and tracking the benefits.
Welcome to Operations Product Lines
You’ll be part of Operations Innovation where you, together with your colleagues, will push the boundaries for offshore operations further. You’ll enter a small, dedicated team with a product owner and fellow product developers where you’ll help the team to develop, execute, and deliver on the product roadmap for new solutions to optimise AEP, reduce OPEX, or solve technical issues on our assets. Many products are developed and implemented in collaboration with third-party suppliers and IP partners, hence the challenge is often to leverage the market, technically and commercially. As a team, we follow an agile approach to product development, encouraging an attitude of taking ownership and close collaboration and communication, to ensure that we always keep the focus on solving the actual pain point to bring most value to our stakeholders and customers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying upgrade and retrofit opportunities across our fleet for AEP optimisation, OPEX reduction, and asset performance improvements, as well as spotting innovative technologies and solutions across the supplier market
- matching needs and solutions
- creating business cases, development, implementation, and roll out strategy and facilitating technology readiness assessment
- driving the development of selected products end-to-end, from discovery to proof of concept to the full roll-out at sites
- validating and monitoring product/solution value after roll-out
- interacting with internal and external stakeholders, e.g., suppliers or partners on a technical and commercial level, incl. contractual negotiations on product implementation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an engineering background and hands-on wind turbine industry knowledge
- have the talent to spot and realise technical and commercial opportunities in a complex stakeholder environment, focused on business impact, rather than exclusive deep technical competences
- have experience with innovation or product management, preferably from an agile environment and with an end-to-end product lifecycle management framework and mindset
- have experience with working with third party suppliers to drive innovation, preferably incl. contract, partner, and IP negotiations
- are a versatile team player able to take ownership with a stakeholder engagement mindset.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 25 March 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Olga Larsen, Product Owner, on (Denmark +45) 99554223 on Mondays and Wednesdays between 08:30-10:00 CET, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.