Engineering and construction
WTG Electrical Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re a key player in securing sustainable power generation throughout the lifetime of our wind turbines globally
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of our electrical team of specialists focusing on corrective actions, improvements, and maintenance optimisation across the entire electrical system in our wind turbines, from generator terminals to switch gear, and also all controls and auxiliary systems. While our Engineering function will support with deep specialist knowledge, you’ll be the commercially minded specialist, who balances risk, cost, and time to the best optimum.
Welcome to WTG Systems in Global Operations - Asset Integrity
You’ll be part of WTG Systems where you, together with your electrical specialist colleagues, will define best practice for the inspection and maintenance of Electrical parts and main components on our Power Train. Best practice derives from a mix of operational experience, lessons learned from failures and damages, and operational innovation initiatives. You’ll be closely involved in these activities to ensure that our focus on wind turbine integrity is always up to date and based on the latest knowledge and innovation initiatives. As a team, we work closely together and support each other with our experience and knowledge. We have frequent check-ins across the team, formally and informally, and we support each other across geographies.
You’ll play an important role in:
- collecting information and viewpoints to establish an overview of a given situation or failure and identify solutions
- driving projects and activities forward for testing and verifying improvements before rollout to a larger number of wind turbines
- working with our Supply Chain organisation on defining and implementing alternative suppliers and components for improved performance or improved cost of operating.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a keen interest in green energy and a mindset of thinking in terms of sustainable energy production from an environment and cost perspective
- interact with colleagues and stakeholders across geographies in a natural and supportive way
- have a high level of self-drive and an ability to establish and use your network to gain information.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 May 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For DK and the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Simon Jensen Laerke, Head of WTG Systems, on (Denmark +45) 99555612 , if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.