Finance and controlling
Head of Project Controlling
Imagine a future where you work for the market leader in offshore wind and develop a strong project controlling set-up supporting offshore wind projects in APAC
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for developing a strong project controlling set-up supporting offshore wind projects in APAC. You’ll be a manager for four dedicated project controllers working on offshore wind projects across region APAC and you’ll be responsible for developing a strong finance team with focus on supporting the APAC senior leadership team and the projects with financial insights and transparent budgets.
Welcome to APAC Finance
You’ll be part of the APAC Finance leadership team where you, together with your colleagues, will provide financial stewardship on DEVEX and CAPEX in our growing pipeline of projects. The project controlling team is responsible for supporting the asset projects by driving financial transparency and guide the right budget decisions. The offshore business in APAC is expanding rapidly and you’ll be responsible for allocating project controllers to the individual asset projects. The goal is to ensure local proximity to the business and, at the same time, leverage the global skills, tools, and processes. As a team, we’re dedicated to the projects and have a passion for what we do. There is a high level of trust and individual empowerment among your colleagues, and we therefore share and communicate openly in the team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- building and leading a team with experienced project controllers across Denmark, Japan, and Taiwan
- creating strong team spirit
- developing finance talent
- supporting individual empowerment and decision making
- shaping the APAC Project Controlling department by contributing with new ideas and insights on how to take project controlling and financial business partnering to the next level
- presenting financial and business insights from DEVEX and CAPEX to senior stakeholders, e.g., in the APAC senior leadership team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in finance, economics, or similar, combined with relevant work experience from the energy industry, infrastructure markets, or similar big project industries
- are a caring people manager with an open and informal management style
- thrive in a very dynamic environment with multiple deadlines and changing business priorities
- are bright, curious, and have a proactive mindset, with a passion for making an impact
- thrive in a global company with Scandinavian roots.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2023-06-23. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For the position in DK, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations TW, , on talentacquisitionTW@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the position in Taiwan, please don’t hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition Operations TW by email on talentacquisitionTW@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.