Finance and controlling
Head of Procurement Market Risk
Imagine a future where you’re leading the team responsible for one of our top business risks
Join us in this role where you’ll build and lead the team focusing on the market price risks related to cost of constructing and operating our renewable portfolio covering a total investment program of around 450 billion DKK until 2027.
Welcome to Financial & Construction Commodity Risk
You’ll be part of the newly established Procurement Market Risk team which currently consists of one experienced colleague and two external consultants, who, over time, will be replaced with two full-time colleagues. No two days are alike in our team, and we use each other, our curiosity, and creativity to grasp, structure, and solve complex challenges, such as understanding our construction exposure picture and deciding on hedging strategies, hereby contributing to a robust and value-adding build-out of renewable energy.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting the business and senior management through consulting and reviewing complex operating and construction contracts with focus on identifying, measuring, and mitigating inherent commodity, inflation, and currency risk
- ensuring transparent governance, processes, and data structure for managing the risk
- creating and maintaining informal and trusting relationships with our broad base of stakeholders
- developing a fun and result-oriented workplace that motivates and drives your team members.
To succeed in the role, you:
- preferably have formal or informal experience in leading and developing talents, but most importantly you have a clear ambition of becoming an inclusive leader
- have experience with e.g., procurement contract structuring, risk management, commodity, or financial markets
- can set an ambitious and meaningful team vision and create followership via honest communication
- think and act independently and dare to take a stance to bring new ideas forward.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 5 June 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rene Boel Pedersen, Director, on (Denmark +45) 99556429, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.