IT and digital
Cyber Security Engineer
Imagine a future where the world runs entirely on green energy, and you strive to keep it secure and resilient
Join us in this role where you’ll be one of our dedicated cyber security experts in our Production Cyber Defence team. The purpose of the role is to protect our company assets from security-related incidents by operating and improving security controls and tools on a global scale. You’ll be able to put your technical information security skills to work in a critical infrastructure environment and you’ll contribute to an important growth journey where success means a greener future for you and future generations.
Welcome to Corporate Information Security
You’ll be part of our Cyber Defence Centre IT product line where you, together with your colleagues, will design, implement, and maintain the security of Operational Technology (OT)/Industrial Control System (ICS) infrastructure. The Cyber Defence Centre is the heart of the company’s technical security team, with experts in both offensive and defensive security. We’re located in multiple countries, and we’re expanding in both numbers and capabilities, making it a good opportunity for you to grow with us. As a team, we help each other solve the unique challenges involved in building a sustainable energy company, whilst ensuring great cohesion and collaboration.
You’ll play an important role in:
- collaborating with various stakeholders to implement appropriate security measures to protect against cyber-attacks in the OT/ICS infrastructure
- driving the implementation of security projects to deliver security tools in OT/ICS infrastructures that meet the organisation’s security requirements
- ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and standards related to OT/ICS security
- role modelling for talent and contributing to an agile setup which prides itself on transparency and co-creation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a good understanding of cyber security principles and industry best practices
- have experience in IT and/or OT cyber security engineering and cybersecurity project implementation
- have a basic knowledge of Linux command and Network routing
- have knowledge of security technologies, e.g., firewalls, IDS/IPS, and vulnerability assessment tools
- have knowledge of OT systems, protocols, and standards, incl. SCADA, DCS, and PLC (not a must but highly desirable)
- communicate fluently, have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and enjoy working in a global environment.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 09. June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Peter Dam Nielsen, Head of DK CC Information Security, on (Denmark +45) 99552129, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.