Engineering and construction
Protection Engineer - Wind Energy Masters Scholarship
Imagine a future where you develop the protection systems of transmission systems for our emerging offshore windfarms
Kickstart your career with our Wind Energy Masters Scholarship. We offer you a position where for two years you’ll be attached to your respective business as a full-time employee, and on your third year you’ll be enrolled to online master’s education programme in Danish Technical University and will be working 30 hours per week.
Welcome to the Wind Energy Masters Scholarship
This opportunity for students with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, procurement, or construction, is a great chance for those seeking to explore their master’s education in wind energy.
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design, quality, and execution of the Protection System of the transmission system in offshore windfarms around the globe. We offer a position with responsibility, challenges, collaboration, and a focus on your career aspirations and development.
You’ll be part of Protection Systems APAC & UK where you, together with your colleagues, will be involved in the entire lifecycle of our offshore wind farms, from the early stages of the project development until handover of the wind farm. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive team of ambitious and responsible specialists who take pride in their work and who efficiently deliver today’s projects, driving innovative solutions for the wind farms of tomorrow. As a team, we are united and celebrate successes together. We nurture individuals and embrace learning opportunities, incl. individual development support.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining basic design accordance to technical requirements
- working as part of an integrated engineering team to undertake data analysis of protection systems, power system disturbances, and fault investigations of electrical installations, both onshore and offshore
- optimising the wind farm infrastructure and participating in innovative new cost-efficient solutions
- ensuring the delivery and quality of protection systems within a team following Ørsted quality processes, document review procedures, and witnessing factory and site acceptance tests to ensure compliance with Ørsted procedures.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a university degree in electrical engineering or similar.
- have a solid basic knowledge of power systems and high voltage equipment. Basic knowledge of protection, control and automation of power systems is an advantage.
- have the ability to quickly grasp new technical knowledge.
- are ambitious and self-driven combined with a teamwork, enabling you to thrive in a team.
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.